Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Winner of Seize the Story… and Summer Reads

Last week, I posted an opportunity to join a conversation about the art of writing dialog. The luck y winner of Seize the Story (drawn from those who commented on the post) is…
Nancy Barth!
Congratulations Nancy and thanks for reading Carpe Keyboard! Please email me at karisscott@hotmail.com with your mailing address and I’ll send the book to you asap!
***
So – what are you reading this summer? Anything great?
Right now, my shelf has a bunch of library books piled up and I’m plowing my way through with the summer sunshine and some cold (cold!) iced tea to help me along. Here’s what I have lined up this month:
A Million Suns by Beth Revis


City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare

    Fear by Michael Grant

Geography Club by Brent Hartinger

Turns out – all of them are parts of different series, which is coincidental (I didn’t specifically go looking for series books to read) but not surprising in today’s YA market.
Have you read any of the above? What did you think?
I’m a fast reader, so will have these finished in a flash. Any suggestions on other YA or middle grade novels I should look for?

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to read Seize the Story with my nephew! Thank you so much for the opportunity.

    I'm reading Artists and Thieves, but it's not a YA novel. Just finished Adrift in the Sound by Kate Campbell, also not for kids.

    My most recent YA book was Max the Mighty, by Rodman Philbrick.

    ReplyDelete